Netclass & Connectivity Issue

Hello,

1. I have high power & low power Power Nets in my design. I created 2 different net-classes for each. But when I try to assign these net classes to one of power nets, it displays “Commit Pending” message in lower right corner of screen & class reverts back to “default”. Is this intended behavior ?

2. I copied a section of schematic from other design into my current one. One of part a Capacitor which was a separate Part in old design, is now made as Derived Part in the pool. Name & all other things of the part are the same. Schematic Editor showed no errors in connectivity. When I moved to PCB Editor, those capacitors were present, but did not had any connectivity, showing NC on both pads. Again PCB Editor showed no errors in net-list connectivity.
    Replacing those parts with updated (derived) part from Pool, gets connectivity back.

When I tried to update the Project Pool of old design, it updated the Pool, but now connectivity of those parts are gone. At least this time PCB Editor is showing error-Track was not loaded as one of the pads are missing.

IMHO, user should get some sort of message when such parts are being copied to new design as well as when user tries to update project pool of old designs.

sam

Are you trying to assign the net class to a power net in a hierarchical block? I should make the net-class of power nets in the non-top block read-only as they’re automatically updated from the top block.

Were they using exactly the same package?

Are you trying to assign the net class to a power net in a hierarchical block? I should make the net-class of power nets in the non-top block read-only as they’re automatically updated from the top block.

Yes… +24V which is high power. +5V which is low power. I wish to assign separate net-classes to both.

Were they using exactly the same package?

Yes… Everything was same. Only difference is that in old design/pool it was not derived part, now in new design/pool it is.

sam